Amazon Relay Requirements Overview
Are you considering partnering with Amazon’s Relay program as a delivery service business? It could be a smart and lucrative move for your next business strategy, as Amazon now holds more than 21% of the US logistics market share, surpassing companies like FedEx, despite not starting as a logistics company.
As businesses increase their delivery services, there is a growing need for a reliable way to handle these load fulfillments, and the Amazon Relay program offers a solution for fleet services industry profitability. In this article, we will explore the amazon relay requirements, the benefits of joining the program, and software that can significantly boost your Amazon profit.
What is Amazon relay?
Amazon Relay is a program designed to benefit fleet services and delivery business owners. In today’s market, Amazon is a major competitor to longstanding players such as FedEx and UPS.
The program enables businesses, truck owners, and freight services to efficiently deliver goods from Amazon. This collaboration has proven to be highly profitable for Amazon’s partnering businesses.
What sets Amazon Relay apart is that delivery industry businesses can grow alongside Amazon. Companies with the vehicular capacity to transport heavy volumes of Amazon load can join the Relay program. This partnership has proven fruitful, providing an outlet for growth in the business of service owners.
How does Amazon Relay work?
The program allows you to join the Amazon Load Board, a network of Amazon load postings available with complete transparency. Truck contractors can easily book weeks’ worth of trucking schedules in advance.
The Relay Load Board is where the “work” is posted. Rather than Amazon assigning loads and planning each route, they are posted on the Amazon Relay service. Registered users can then view and select loads that fit their schedule. Best of all, this service is completely free for businesses to register.
Organizations with large volumes of deliverable loads can post them on the portal. Fleet owners and truck services can easily select the loads that fit their schedule and run these routes.
Amazon Relay ensures that service owners have consistency in load delivery work throughout the year. It’s important to note that Amazon cannot handle the billions of load fulfillments they receive alone. This is where service partners like fleet services play a vital role. By partnering with local fleet services, Amazon ensures the smooth and timely delivery of goods. All the requirements that you need to know to join Amazon Relay.
Read: Amazon Relay Insurance Requirements for Beginners
Amazon Relay requirements for fleet owners
To work with Amazon Relay, you must meet the following requirements:
- Active DOT number: You must have an active DOT number.
- Valid MC number: You must have a valid MC number from the Interstate Authority.
- FMCSA safety rating: Amazon requires an acceptable safety rating of “Satisfactory,” “None,” or “Not rated” from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Carrier entity type: You must be authorized for Property and Hire.
- Recommended equipment types: Amazon requires the use of recommended equipment types, such as box trucks, dry van trailers, sleeper cabs, and more.
- Vehicle maintenance: You must maintain your vehicles properly.
- HOS compliance: You must comply with the Hours of Service (HOS) regulations.
- Driving score: Your driving score should be at least 60% to be approved by Amazon.
Amazon Relay insurance requirements
In addition to the above requirements, fleet service owners must also meet Amazon Relay insurance requirements. These requirements include:
- Commercial General Liability: This insurance covers typical bodily injury or property damage caused by your services. You must have a minimum of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in aggregate.
- Auto Liability: This insurance covers all damages caused by vehicular accidents. You must have a minimum of $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 in the aggregate, and $50,000 trailer replacement coverage.
- Commercial Auto Insurance: This insurance covers damages or injuries caused by accidents while using a truck or van for commercial purposes.
- Cargo Coverage: This insurance deals with all damages to goods while in transit. You must have a minimum of $100,000 in coverage.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: This insurance covers all areas where your company operates from. All employees under your company will have mandatory workers’ compensation insurance.
- Employer Liability: This insurance protects against employment issues ranging from discrimination to wrongful termination. You must have a minimum of $100,000 per occurrence.
Box truck requirements
Amazon Relay allows fleet services to use various types of equipment, including box trucks. The size requirement for the Amazon Relay box truck is as follows:
- Tractor: Day cab, Sleeper cab, Box Truck
- Trailer: Reefer, 53′ Dry van, 28′ Trailer
Additional Amazon Relay requirements
There are some additional requirements that relate to the Amazon Relay app, which is used by vehicle drivers. These requirements include:
- Device requirements: Your iPhone must operate with iOS 11 or later, and Android devices must have at least Android 7 or later.
- App usage: You must use the Amazon Relay app to receive additional information about your delivery, such as delivery time and gate information.
Amazon Relay Requirements Related Key Points
- amazon relay insurance cost
- amazon relay insurance update
- amazon relay insurance phone number
- amazon relay insurance verification
- amazon relay insurance requirements uk
- amazon relay insurance coverage
- amazon relay insurance requirements youtube
- amazon relay requirements for insurance
- amazon relay insurance renewal
- amazon relay progressive insurance
In conclusion, to work with Amazon Relay, you must meet various requirements, including safety ratings, insurance policies, recommended equipment types, and more. Ensure that you meet all of these Amazon Relay Requirements and deliver goods efficiently.